Friday, April 24, 2015

It's not what you don' t have that made you... You...

I have wanted many things in my life, some legit like wanting to go home to England others as a child silly things like asking Father Christmas for a window. In truth though the window was probably a household joke as I broke one as a child. I still laugh about it today my long list to Father Christmas. In thinking of the many things I have wanted, it is not the things that I have wanted that have made me Me, rather it is often the things that I did not have that made me a better person. I don't think it is bad to want things I sure want a full time job,I want to move to England. I do think though that sometimes we forget what we have. A smile can brighten up a day for someone else. A hand to help someone cross the road. Helping someone in a store that cannot reach something. A Hug can cheer someone up. Saying I love you. Drying someone's tears. Brushing someone's hair. Making a meal for someone Calling and listening to someone These things we all have compassion, Love and friendship yet many of us choose to not use them. So in this time of my life when my world feels like it is falling apart.I am choosing to see what I have. Even in the bad there can be some good. When my brother died I learnt the greatest lesson that was to forgive and love. In my divorce I learnt that I had had some wonderful memories and times from my marriage. See even in what you think was bad there are some good. So go out and look deep and find someone to bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment