Friday, March 23, 2012

The Waltons



As a child I was allowed to stay up and watch the American series the Waltons. My brother and sister who were 5 and 7 years older than me had to now put up with me staying up late to watch this show with them.
Today I now watch The Waltons with my children. One thing for sure is that morals and the standards that this series stood for will in fact stand the course of time. I love the family commitment i love the morals that they all stood for. There is so much that many of us can take from this series.
I long for a family like that, but even as I watch it I learn a few lessons about life itself and I am thankful all these years on that my children can learn valuable lessons from the series I once watched with my brother and sister.
One amazing thing is that still today those actors when back together are just like a big happy family. None of them has written slanderous things about the show or slammed any member. All have treated each other with total respect.
I think we could all learn a thing or two from this show.
In the words of the Waltons
Good night ...
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment