Saturday, February 4, 2012

A new door to who you are.


A friend of mine remembered that when I was at school I used to draw. I loved it. My Godmother who was my neighbor would say that if you did not draw every day you were not a very dedicated artist. I use to take her words to heart all those years ago. Now I see the pictures in my mind of the times I spent with her making jam,cleaning ponds and making dried flower cards. It is a part of my childhood I would not trade.
So to embrace a part of me i have drawn some pictures.
I use to design a lot I can look at material and things and in my mind I design things. I remember going to London with my brother he went one place I went another and I ended up going into Liberty's oh all those wonderful fabrics to me it was like I had won the crown jewels each called my name. But it is a part of me that I rarely let many people see. It was my dream and one I always say was yesterday.
In drawing the pictures I did feel that drawing will always be a part of me, it is just a different part of me that draws today. One can never close the door on things that have brought you so much love and in that I encourage you don't let others close those doors to who you are.
Please have a cup of tea with me today

No comments:

Post a Comment