Thursday, September 10, 2009

Autumn

As fall/Autumn comes I am reminded of the wonderful things that we can do. When I was a child we lived in area surrounded by forests we would constantly go for walks.I would look around and see the wonderful different colors of leaves and hear the different sounds that autumn brings. You can do that where ever you live.
Here in North Carolina I am constantly looking at the different pumpkin patches and the wonderful colors that go along with pumpkins and squash.
As the seasons change we often forget to say a few words of thanks. We think oh it is cold and jackets have to be worn. In England I loved having sweaters/jumpers and each year digging out my winter coat. Now I did not like the long winters. But I loved the warm jumpers/sweaters that I wore.
So it is with life we all go through different seasons and each has it's beauty sometimes we just need a friend to take along with us and show us what we often miss.
As I sit here i see that the weather is cool enough that I can wear jeans that the leaves are changing wonderful colors and as i sit here I see that my life is writing a new book perhaps it is not the one I would ever want but with God by my side I can walk this season not alone.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment