Sunday, July 1, 2012

The plight of my single mumhood ... No you cannot leave the country with your children... AHHH

I have decided for a little while at least to write about some of my plights of been a single mum in America. I sat across the table from a woman who clearly told me "you cannot leave the USA with your children, unless your ex agrees to it, and he has to live close enough to see them." My heart sank, I came back to the States so that my ex's parents could be involved with our children, well that did not happen. They live six hours from us. Now my 3,000 miles seamed even more. I sat saying how unfair that was and then walked out in tears. That was over two years ago. Since then I have cried many a tear missing home. But as they say "there is no good in crying over spilt milk". I wished there was a magic wand and I could see my mum. So we brought a skype camera and got to see my niece and sister in London at least, my mum still thinks skype is a fish... poor mum. What did I take from that day when this very official nice lady told me that I could not go home with my now family of three oh must not forget the two four legged friends. Well I learnt that I have tell myself that I am going to live in England again it's just not for now. That I have to study and make away that I can at least fly home one day.That's not been easy... but that's another post. Also I have been quite naive about a lot of things. It's a tough road and you have to brace yourself for it.Like walking in a storm. So yes I am here but like many birds who fly south for winter I am building up my strength to fly home one day. This old bird is not to old to learn.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment