Saturday, June 30, 2012

Plight of single parenting.

The plight of the single mother is often over looked and brushed aside by society as if a plague had hit that family. In truth that family feels like a plague has. You try to see the good in things as bills pile up. You read face book messages of families having fun and you wish that your day in the sun would come. You try your best to keep up beat and friends and families seam to think it is like a cold you will get over it... or at least we hope. They give advice and you think.... well you try it. It is indeed a lonely road. I look at married couples on the telly in such a different way now. Thinking it is just for a few. It is true life is never the same again. You have to pick yourself up and keep on trying. The problems pile and you feel like a fish out of water. The children feel even worse been told what to do by both parents and just hoping to God that their eighteenth Birthday will come sooner than latter. The parent hopes in a dream world that a knight will come rescue them but God forbid could that make it worse. It is true I have seen many a thing in the past few years. I have tried with every ounce of breath in me to not be bitter. I may grumble and complain but I pick myself up and say no I will not be bitter. But for some it is the road of satisfaction like flies round a dead animal.
My hope is that others reach out beyond their bubble help single mum's it is hard enough been married, reach out to the kids reach out and make a difference be a support. To those holding onto bitterness it will kill you my friend. Let go and be healed and find peace you never know you might find a better you in it all. Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment