Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Thames celebrates sixty years of the Queens reign.

My mum has seen the Queen come to the throne, we both celebrated the silver Jubilee, I was in London and went to Hyde Park to celebrate the golden Jubilee and today I watched with my children as we celebrated the Diamond Jubilee. My mum like the Queen has been a mother and now a grandmother through the sixty years reign. One thing is for sure none of will ever see a monarch on the throne for sixty years again in our life time. I love the Thames River to me it is a place like no other. Something about it says I am home. As I watched the flotilla of boats go down the Thames with the Queen's wonderful boat I had to feel pride that I was British. It might of rained and I might not of been there. But I watched with Pride to think that I was watching history and that this was my Queen. I have gone down the Thames before I love it. But to see such splendor and such pride in people to come out and just be a part of the celebrations just hits home to me. This is my Queen, my England and this is what we do best,
we celebrate with pride a Queen who has served us through many trying times. So please if you haven't taken a moment to watch all the celebrations in England I would it's history in the making and you and I will never see such a time like this again. God Save our Gracious Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment