Monday, June 4, 2012

God Save our Queen.

Last night as I reflected on the Queen going down the Thames I thought of the song Row, row,row your boat gently down the stream merrily, merrily, merrily life is but a dream. Perhaps to the Queen it was like her life had been a dream, time seams to go by so fast. Her love for her people ever strong as the day she became Queen. Today we saw fireworks and tributes played in music and song to a woman who has served a country for so long. Life in truth has not always been merry. She has seen war and seen her country rebuild itself after such tragedy.yet through all she stands a woman like no other. I spoke to people today some seamed so distant from the reality of what a mark in history this is to have a monarch on the throne for sixty years. I thought how ignorant people are. Then with pride I thought well I am British and God save our Queen. As these days pass don't miss the chance to see history, where ever you are in the world. This is my England and you may never understand but embrace this moment because there will never be a time like this again. So dear Queen I hope you with pride did have a merry ride down the river Thames, I hope it brought memories of joy and how much we love you. God save our Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment