Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Go for gold this summer and give.

As the Olympics in London fast approaches and I am sad to not be there. I ask you all who read this what will your gold be this year? Will it be making more money, buying a bigger house or what? Gold is not always seen in a medal it is seen in the many hours it has taken to achieve that place where a person can compete for a chance to represent their country. Sacrificing time, pleasures and much more to do something they believe. As I sit here head pounding and teeth aching wanting to be home in London this summer I ask myself that question what is my gold that I would want. My mother has hardly anything, so my gold would be to see her with food on the table,bills paid. To see many single mum's have a break, pressure taken off their shoulders. If I had a medal to give it would be them.The many children who have gone through sad times losing relatives or through divorce. Sacrifice to many is a daily thing and to others is never thought about. What is the medal you are wearing one of greed or one of sacrifice? Go for Gold this summer and give to others and see what a winner you will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment