Sunday, July 22, 2012

Think before you pray!!

In the last few years I have thought many times that I prayed. But I wonder today did I? We ask God to help and then walk away. We say prayers like they are water gushing out of a tap. But where is the life in those prayers? What does your life say about who you are?Is it in a prayer to get praise from others? The Pharisees in Jesus's time said many prayers but they did not see that, that was all they did there was no evidence of life in them. They thought they were better than anyone else. I don't believe I am any better than anyone else. But I do think I have often not listened to God. When my brother died it was a very tough time. Today I see that God has shown me so much in his death and though I miss Scott, I am so blessed by the things I have learnt. Compassion, just to listen and just to know that sometimes a few words are all what people are looking for. Hope community church in Raleigh has an amazing Pastor Mike Lee if you have a little time take the time to listen to the sermons on prayer it might well may you think that when you pray you are not so alone. So think not just before you speak but before you pray. Please have a cup of tea with me today. http://www.gethope.net/past-messages

No comments:

Post a Comment