Sunday, September 5, 2010

Don't take anyone for granted...

Don't take anyone for granted because you never now when they are going to be gone. Think before you speak harshly, because that might be the last words you get to tell them. My Uncle Scott pasted yesterday and last year, his wife, Auntie Rita died of cancer. It is all so sad... I can still see my auntie bringing out the cookies and tea for us every time we came to visit while the youngest son licked the cookies we were supposed to be eating. I remember the last time I saw them. We played soccer or "football" with their three sons and Rita. Scott played cricket with us... We have pictures also, really good ones, that will last a life time literally as that was the last time we ever saw them. I sent my uncle photos of us every now and then. I had saved the email that he had replied back. It said something like this, Lovely photos. Have a Merry Christmas. Love, Scott. Those little messages that probably mean nothing to you mean everything to me.
So remember today to cherish every single moment you have with people because you never now when it could be the last.
Love you oh so much Uncle Scott and Auntie Rita.
Emily and Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment