Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Count your blessings 2012

Life has it's many twists and turns and the older I get the more I realize that sometimes to just listen to an older person can sure give you some wisdom and it truly blesses them. I love listening to my mum's stories of her childhood and listen to her talk, it makes me feel a part of her past. The other day I was on about money, she added "some days Lisa I have nothing but two pennies in my purse, but I am happy, sure I would like to win the lottery but I am happy.What is it to work your whole life and never been happy". I love her I wish to God I could see her. If I had a fairy wand that is where I would go. I took so much for granted going home every two years. Never did I think that there would be a time when I could not get to see her. She is amazing, sure she has her faults. But to me through it all I see a woman who has been through so much. Maybe others see her in a different light. Sometimes it is good just to stop and see what you really have. The other day I was in a preschool and looked at the children and parents coming in and I was so thankful that I got to stay home, at the time I just took it for granted but as I watched those little children I thought of how blessed I truly was.How many of us go through life not realizing how blessed we are until it is gone or that person is gone. We hold a grudge, were fearful of saying sorry or been hurt again. Perhaps if we saw the world through a child's eyes, and forgave more quickly life would be more blessed. Just a thought Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment