Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Grocery store, lesson.

As a child I use to visit this small grocery store, this owner every time you said you wanted an item she would say Thank you, Thank you very much. In my world she became the Thank you, Thank you very much lady. I have worked in a super market for the past two years plus. I use to go there with my hair up and blue ribbon in my hair, that went after a few months. At times I grumbled and complained and even felt ill treated when my hours were cut for no reason. But i decided to see beyond the cash register. See items per minutes count it is everything and memorizing numbers of fruits and veggies means all to profits. But in my world I saw the customers as an opportunity to reach out and make their day better. Making children laugh or help me with getting their food through the line, making sure that older people received a few minutes to listen to their heart. A hug to a person who had lost their wife seemed in my world to make my problems so little. It has been a place where I decided to leave for the most part, my issues behind and become like the Thank you, Thank you very much lady.I wanted to make someone smile. I wanted to be the one that someone knew I would give my best.Maybe no one saw that, I was so blessed in many ways at my supermarket job, I got no praise from management no award on a wall,no hey we wished you could stay or promotion. But I did it because in this world when everyone does something for ME ME ME I wanted to do something for someone else. I wished all those who have come through my line could know sincerely how many have blessed me. From the hugs, the laughs and high five's from the children, I have been blessed. A man calls me Lady Lisa of Tryon Village means nothing to anyone but everything to me. See life is not always about us. Even in a supermarket God can do amazing things. He certainly did with me.I am a better person from the love I tried to give out to others and the smiles and love that often was so freely given. From a woman writing we miss you already to a mother saying we will miss you to a hug of a child,to the man that when I found out he had lost his wife my heart broke, you see in my broken world they have given me hope and as I type this I am a little scared that without them will my world be broken again. I hope not because they made me believe in me.
Look and see what amazing things can happen to you if you just look with eyes wide open. Please have a cup of tea with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment