Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Single parenting not for the weak at heart.

Next week I start a new job working 30 hours and hopefully I get to work at my old job every other Saturday as I loved the customers. Single parenting in my eyes is not for the weak at heart. I loved been around my children all the time. I think that has been the hardest thing, you balance reality of money and you have to put to the side your own desires. Many work full time and that might be their choice or not. But when everything stops at you it is a tough road. From what will be cooked, to missing your family in England, to toilets blocked and siblings bickering, it falls on the single parent. Weighing up what is more important shoes for yourself or shoes for your child. Listening to every noise from the A/C unit,fridge and car and praying to God that it does not break, as there is simply no money to fix it and praying to God that some how one day your make home with your children to see your mum before something happens. It's a tough and Christmas is worse and not knowing when I will go home is a tough one. I have had many advice and many people say what others have had to do. But the reality is, is we are all different, each child accepts or does not accept divorce in their own way. Truth be known I wished I had parents to go home to. Some fall back and live with their families, I did not have that option and I will have to say, the longing for a family over here is great. But there has been many a moment when dancing in the rain and laughing at life makes all the heavy burdens just a little lighter. Throwing flour on the floor and drawing pictures in it. Who would guess little me, would find pleasure in such things. Life does not always hand us blessings, but it is in seeing beyond that, that we find them. So if you are a single parent or even if your not. Look and see your blessings in what sometimes you think are not. Because I have looked and I have found that I am blessed through many trials. Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment