Saturday, June 20, 2015

Happy Fathers Day.

Throughout the years of my life I have pondered what Dad really means at times I would be reminded of my own dad and how I remembered him as a child. He never had much time for us always busy, always working I am sure at times he must have been quite lonely. As an adult I would look back remembering the good times, walks in woods every New Years Day I so hear his voice as we would walk through the snow "God has wiped and made the world clean" or sure something similar to that.It appeared in our walking and running through woods there indeed was an escape from reality. He and my brother would play badminton every summer, it was just like Wimbledon but better as we watched them diligently playing.I remember as a child standing on his feet dancing and singing songs with him happy memories that feel my heart with a smile. As an adult I would long for a person to feel the emptiness inside of not having a Dad around. I was reminded by someone recently what a dad really is he is the man that opens up car doors for you a true gentlemen, that wants to hold your hand on walks that walks on the outside to protect you, who listens and cares, who when tears fall down your eyes hugs you and cares. The one that remembers nick names of the past and loves you just the way you are.Integrity, loyalty and love go hand in hand. Wisdom abounds and the love to want to learn more and be a part of your life.It is in that person knowing the true value of life and family and seeing in your eyes the child you once were and loving the person you are now. It is in a true Dad's heart that you always know you are loved, cared for and always have a friend to listen and a home to go home too. I never knew what that truly meant until recently. See without that often we feel empty. Fathers day is a blessing to some it maybe lonely but I say dig deep find the good and in that God can do miracles I truly know. Happy Fathers Day

No comments:

Post a Comment