Sunday, June 7, 2015

Estate Angel

Have you ever felt like you were walking where an Angel was? I have a few times in my life. Yesterday I went to an Estate sale near my house. I had read about it through an email and gathered my two girls up. We drove the forty minutes to it. I guess I thought it was going to be like a yard sale. But as we approached the house, this wonderful lady approached us smiling face, showing someone around the house. I realized it was the owner- the woman who had just lost her husband. As she walked past, there was this feeling I wanted to be around her, I wanted to talk to her. There was a wonderful spirit in this woman I had never met in my life. As I walked through and past everyone, I felt the mere presence of peace and God. Each room had a peace and there was a sense of a loving marriage. We went up the stairs and there was oh so many wonderful clothes, coats, gloves and shoes. I imagined her dancing at wonderful balls in the amazing long coats. I imagined her husband caringly buying her them. Each outfit appeared to be loved and cared for. It was as if she had flown through each room praying that each item would find a good home. Her life imparted to a new life. I returned on Sunday with a letter in my hand and there she stood. I awaited to talk to her. The Angel of the house- the woman who had God so in her heart that it shone. I handed her my letter and asked if I could pray. As I left I saw the Angel again- this woman I had never met, I may never know her name. Her smile, her heart shinning out of the love that God had given her. Her eyes may have shown sadness of the loss of her wonderful husband but her heart shone with a love that was from Heaven. I may never meet this Angel again, until I go to Heaven. But one thing I know, she is going to make a difference and she I want to be like- the wonderful woman with a home for all and a heart of gold for God: the woman who sprinkles love even in the darkest days and the woman who is an Angel. Thank you God for allowing me to meet your Angel this weekend. May we shine our light as this Angel does so that even in the darkest days others can see Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment