Thursday, June 16, 2016

Please Dad....notes from my pocket

Many of us have watched the movie "Oliver" and heard those familiar words being said when Oliver asks for more food, "Please Sir". Perhaps many of us can relate to Oliver. As a child, I don't really remember doing too much with my Dad. I went on walks and I love those memories, but perhaps for me and my two siblings, we felt like Oliver asking, "Please Dad spend some time with us." As an adult, I feel like that most of the time with my Dad when I talk to him. A part of me has grown to just accept that he has time for himself and very little time for my life. Sad reality many children feel like this by their dad. Those from divorced homes feel like that: they are begging their dad to just really love them, without their Dad going on about himself. Truth is we all need a dad to love us and often our own dad cannot and does not live up to our expectations and needs. What to do? I have found myself thinking about this. Truth is when our Dads have nothing to give us, our hearts do not have to feel empty. God alone can fill the gap: it is not easy, as the gap is like a huge ocean and hearts are often so hurt. I do believe little by little if we trust in God that massive void can be filled with trust and so when we say, "Please Dad," we will not receive a bowl full of excuses or manipulation but a peace that we are going to be all right. I wished I had a magic wand to fill all the voids; however my wand would only bring a moment of healing. I know through all my tears that My Dad, my true Father (God), is the only One that truly will love and make me know that my void in my life is for Him to fill and for Him to guide me. Don't let one man leave your life with a void, instead allow one Father to carry you and fill your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment