Saturday, March 9, 2013

In God who we trust is that just words .... or do you live it.

As I sit here, I am reminded how much I use to take for granted. Kids in private schools, going home every two years, buying groceries where I wanted and not counting the pennies as much as I do now and having medical insurance. It's amazing I find myself praying for the grocery bill to be less and the gas pump to stop at a certain price. I find myself seeing life in a moment of why are so many people hurting and why do so little have compassion. The word help surely was not just like the movie The Help which was an amazing movie in more ways than just a hiring of domestic help, it surely means reaching out. Yet many in today's society cry help and take from Government programs do nothing to change their lives, while others who need the help slip through the cracks. I was shocked horrified to be honest that the court system offers little help if any to those who genuinely need Help. Perhaps in truth I should stand in the court house offering to clean their floors, would then I be offered help. It is not like that. Doors close and you have to find peace in yourself That this world has nothing to give and that people our mere mortals who seek mainly to please themselves, but their is a God who see's it all. As I sit today a little homesick a little down that my life has not been a bed of roses,more like a bed of roses bushes with thorns. I am reminded that in praising God in the storms and for the little things, that God see's little me. One can never find peace in Government where mere humans run the chaos,it is only in God that one can know in Him alone will one find peace. In God we trust, I wonder as I read that statement that Americans have said so many times.. Is that a statement to those who are rich or for all who enter her lands.I think it is a question many should ask. It is more than just words on a paper or money, one has to live it and how hard is it if you have money coming out of your ears so to speak. The challenge is to those of us who cry when the bill comes in and is less or an answer to a prayer, it is not as easy as just sitting in a chair and signing one's name. Better to be the woman like in the movie The Help, than the woman she worked with who in truth had nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment