Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Past

As I type this I think of Charles Dickens and A Christmas Carol. At Christmas time we often look back at Christmas past. The issue is with that if we look hard enough we will find the good the bad and the ugly. Like Pantomime at Christmas there is the good sister and wait for it the two ugly ones.Also as we look it is almost like the ghost of Christmas past walks into the room. Often in life many people want to keep us captive in our past like a time capsule wanting us to pay the price, the truth none of us can pay the price none of us will ever, because those people who try to hold us there want something we cannot give them. If they are honest they want revenge and by reminding us of the past they think they hold us there. But Jesus Christ paid it all. He did forgive us. As I sat the other days in tears finding it hard to remember some good from my past a woman told me again how Christ loved me and that forgiveness was everything. I have said it over and over again this week. I forgive. Hurting people often hurt others. Don't let your past ruin your Christmas this year, but let your past be buried and you live a new life,
like Scrooge did and like the end of the Panto, Cinderella wins her Prince. You be the better one forgive, restore and Live. Then your Hope is restored and I believe a brighter future awaits us. Pleas have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment