Friday, November 2, 2012

Listening Ears,open heart.

I will have to say that I am not necessarily the best listener. But the older I get the more I try to listen more. My mum has not been well and with all my heart I wished I could go down the phone and be with her. One day she said "Lisa oh please don't go I don't want you to go." and then another "I'm a bit nervous about going down the town". Instead of having an answer I just listened. At work someone started joking with me but I internalized everything they joked about, so I talked to this person, they shared a bit about their life. Instead of me feeling hurt, how I was treated, which they apologized for, I said how sorry I was for what they had gone through in their life. Sometimes when I talk to people or write a letter it often feels like they just ignore what my heart is saying, but I so often do that. The phrase "Walking in another persons shoes" is often very hard, but if we listen and not give answers sometimes we can often feel and hear another persons cry. My mum just wanted someone to tell her that she would be alright. Listen it's not easy but we all need each other. Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment