Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A handful of pebbles

I grew up along the North Norfolk coast but before we moved there we use to travel on the train from Norwich to Cromer and Sheringham every summer. Cromer had soft sand Sheringham had pebbles. As I sit here and type I have come up with a poem.
A handful of pebbles was placed in my hands,
The waves around me seam to get bigger but I held onto the handful of pebbles in my hand.
As I held on with all my might I noticed that they were leaving imprints in my hands.
Perhaps if I let go of one of the pebbles the one that I decided represented all the tears I cried.
The storm would go away.
So I let go of that one pebble thinking the waves would calm down instead the waves appeared to get bigger
So I let go of another this one represented hatred and the times I had said bad things about people.
Then I let go of another the times I had not forgiven myself.
Then another fell the times I had anger and I hurt people through my words.
So there I stood with one pebble in my hand holding on with all might.
I throw the last pebble into the storm and with all my might cried out, God I now give you my all, now calm the storm.
The storm did not calm immediately but in time the storm did calm down and once the waves had calmed and I was standing on the shore.
There at my feet were my pebbles and the words,"I have forgiven you."
Perhaps in all my storm that I now face I need to just cry out, "God I have given you my all."
Now I need to just wait at His feet.
Perhaps you can do the same.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment