Sunday, September 30, 2018

The Tree of Life

The Tree of Life
I was planted just a seed and through time I grew With each gentle breeze I pushed out my branches, green leaves appearing My branches ever reaching the sun Through time they have broken, and my direction has changed But still I reach up for the sky and the sun that calls my name Autumns have come and gone, my leaves change colors my aching limbs wanting a time to rest Cold snow captures my body and my limbs I catch the snowflakes and press them close to my chest Others see them on my bark, but they dress me in white in the cold winter nights The dews of morning awaken my very soul, The tingling feeling of the frost at my toes, the earth around me guiding my growth Seasons have come and gone, I have seen sunsets like no other, watched bombs fall from the skies Captured shooting stars and rainbows Lightning bolts across the skies I have seen eclipses and watched the rays of light captured in a moment as it brushes the skies and shades it’s morning light. I have seen children laugh and adults cry, I have seen death and smelt it knock at my door. I am a tree, I am a life As days grow shorter and my days are not so long, I still remember every shade of autumn, every ray of summer, every dress of winter, every delight of spring. I remember the days of plenty and the days of sorrow I am life and life like no other, I am a mother to many a place for a song to be written A heart to be penned and story to be hidden I am where memories have been made and heartaches are shed I am ……. Yes I am the passing of time….I am indeed a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment