Saturday, August 6, 2016

Note in my pocket: Finding my way home.

I have been divorced about six years now, in that time I lost my brother and I have struggled hard to find me. I have worked in a supermarket for six years now, I have been offered other jobs yet still I stay. This year has brought the biggest question what makes me,me? I sit often on this computer looking up photos that remind me of my England and the amazing countryside of Norfolk where I was a child. Those times were not all happy yet some how in my mind I have captured them as pure Heaven. I merrily look up pictures taken in France and long for those content moments of enjoying life. I love watching the Great British Bake off and seeing you tubes of Gordon Ramsay and his daughter Matilda and I am taken back to memories of wonderful pastries in English villages and the smell of my mum's cooking. A painting of colour of strokes going to no where land by Louise Cobbold and looking at material pictures from Liberty's. Seeing pastel colour's of fruits and pin cushions with pins poking up awaiting to make a dress or embroidery threads waiting to be used. A book about the Women's Institute in Norfolk or a book about North Carolina stories from the passed captured in my mind making me remember who I use to be. Seeing sketches of clothes and seeing patterns and thinking what they could be. A smile runs across my face a day of sunlight brakes through the heavy clouds and there I am cycling down village roads and eating blackberries and singing songs in the rain. There I am with hands out catching snow flakes in my hands and eating home made bread with golllops and gollops of butter on it. In those moments I see who I am. In those moments I am free from all that has held me captured and in those moments I catch a glimpse of how God wants me to be. Inside all of us is a person waiting to burst out waiting to fly high like a robin bird flying to it's branch, there we are simply the person who God wants you and me to be. I wish you all days of freedom, days where you find you, days where you can see glimpses of hope and days where that day is just the beginning. A new freedom...where you and I accept it is alright to be you, because you are more than enough for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment