Sunday, June 8, 2014

Is the phone your carrying serving just I?

As I sit here not feeling the best I am reminded how fragile and short life truly is. I used to love writing on this blog until a person told me that I could be spending my time more wisely, I felt my only world where I felt I could do something I enjoyed destroyed. But how many times do we destroy people's worlds without a second thought. When my brother died a week after he died I was asked if I had gotten over his death....in those words I want to hit them. But truly sometimes people are plain thoughtless and do not realize that their words destroy people. I see people at doctor's surgery, through check out lines all so busy checking their Iphones too busy to be polite too busy to take the time to see a smile or catch a conversation that may better their lives. They call this technology I call it a step back in time. People caring enough to take a few moments to ask are you alright or to help someone across the road or to just pray. Have we as human beings forgot what it is like to be that, simply human or are we all just so self centered that our lives have to be focused on us? I have prayed for people I have not known stood hugging a person that was just so overwhelmed with life,yet I sit here with no regrets for that. I don't have an Iphone and yes I think it would be nice but if that Iphone makes me focus on I then it is nothing but a trick from hell to focus my whole life on missing out on reaching others. The I you would think in Iphone would bring us closer to information a way to reach out but it doesn't. To many it makes them more inward more about them. So think next time you reach for your Iphone. Could you be missing out on an opportunity or are you just serving I?

No comments:

Post a Comment