Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Notes in my pockets: Forgiveness is not just for others but otherselves.

Forgiveness is not always easy.Perhaps it is almost easier to forgive someone else rather
than to look in the mirror and say I forgive myself. I found myself this weekend reflecting on the many times I had not forgiven myself about things. I realized that to move on in life and not be bound by just sadness of what I wished things had been I had to stop and forgive myself. I realized that although I had asked forgiveness from others the person who I still had not forgiven was the very person I looked at every day. It is indeed alright to forgive yourself indeed it is healthy to let go and say God I forgive myself nothing selfish about it. In reflecting on forgiving myself I started to think how my life would look if I forgave myself perhaps I could move on from my job and actually start my own business perhaps all the tears I cried could encourage others. It isn't perhaps but it is yes you can and yest they will. Forgiveness is the key to healing your own heart but it is also the key to allow you to walk forward to a healthier and better future. The only person who yourself back is you. I can say each day when I hear lies I forgive myself. I know that God has great things in store for me. We all make mistakes but we can all ask God to forgive us and leave those mistakes at His feet even if we keep on having to put them down at His feet eventually I believe we will leave them there. So go live a Victorious life forgiven and Whole in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment